Edith Kay Independent School are looking for a full-time or part-time Sociology Teacher to join our small, dedicated and friendly team.
Applicants who can also teach an extra subject would be considered.
The Teacher of Sociology will be responsible for delivering high-quality teaching through planning engaging lessons to enable all pupils to make the best possible progress. The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this enthusiastically and imaginatively.
- Have Qualified Teacher status
- Teach across all levels and abilities at GCSE and A-Level
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory and proactive of providing effectively for the individual needs of all pupils (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies)
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment of Sociology
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils, enabling them to have equal access to Sociology and to experience success in their work
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of abilities and learning styles in each class, particularly considering the learning needs of LDD students.
- Mark work according to departmental and School marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students’ progress in their subject.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEND and Safeguarding Children
- Be able to communicate effectively in Sociology (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our school
Please see the full job description and person specification for further details. To apply, please complete the application form and send to email@example.com, along with an accompanying letter outlining why you feel you would be a good fit for the role.
Closing Date: 04/06/2023
Sociology Teacher – Person Specification
Sociology Teacher – Job Description
Edith Kay School – Application for Employment